Saturday, October 11, 2008

Prefabia Restarted - #8

The night is late but I feel a sense of renewed excitement when working within the NWN toolset. The loss of my previous work, left ashes in my mouth and a sense of futility at ever producing a module in NWN2. With time I have found the loss has turned into a win, much like the regrowth of plants through the ashes of a proceeding fire.

My module slate is clean and so this time I have focussed on getting the core systems and haks installed and working. MYSQL and NWNX4 1.08 is installed and persistance is working as it should, and after some poking around under the hood I actually understand it a lot better than before.

I took them time to install BTH's Module Testing Toolkit, an excellent piece of work if you want to debug a module using nothing more than a slick UI. I seriously recommend this to anyone who is building or is considering building. Highly configuraable and easy to use, just ensure you read the documentation.

DMFI has crept into the module as well and seems to compile without issue. I am still working out the DMFI component as I am unsure if it comes with languages like NWN1 DMFI or not. Still to be discovered I suppose, ahh the joy of building.


Some excellent content I added as well seeing as I really like it and have been discussing these packs with BTH for a while now. It is fantastic to see him release some awesome content and if you are curious you can always have a look at his blog to get a feel for what he is working on.

So that wraps up my little update and looking at the clock, I reckon it is time I hit the sack. Before I shoot off I noted Relexx, one of the orginal Aeon NWN1 PW leadership team, has started to host a NWN1 PW called Cocoon. You can find it under Multiplayer - Role Play. As soon as I get a chance, I will have to head on over and have a run around, though it is currently alpha and prone to changes on a daily basis.

No comments: